Thursday, February 18

I love 3

Today I took Isaac to school. He was humming to himself in the back seat, watching for trucks and buses out the window. I was trying to memorize him. I wanted to remember how hilarious he is right now because I know he won't always be 3. Soon he'll be 4 and then 8 and then 16 and then he won't be in the back seat anymore, he'll be begging me for the keys to the car. And when he gets older, the funny littly boy in my life will go away. It's so sad when that happens.

I miss Olivia when she was 3 and 4 and even 5 before she lost her baby teeth. She has changed so much and that little girl is so different now. That little girl is gone. I miss her a lot.

I wanted to remember this: This morning, Isaac woke up when I was getting ready to go to the Sports Mall. He was hungry. He told Kent he wanted the salad dressing to dip. So then he ran and got some baby carrots in the garage fridge. So for breakfast at 6 a.m. he had Kix cereal, carrots and dip, and string cheese. He was just going back to bed when I was leaving for the gym. When I got back he was up again, and happy, getting ready for school.

I want to remember that he has to make a fort out of every cushion in the house, every day. He doesn't like ice in his water. But he does like an ice cube in his soup if it's too hot. He has to dress himself. He hates baths at first, but then we can never get him out. When he's done, he gets out himself and gets dressed. The bathroom is always flooded. He's his own man. He has his own ideas and takes care of himself. He can turn a box for a bathtub basketball set into the perfect car garage for 7 of his small trucks and fire engines. He can chase the cat around the house for fun and laugh so hard that everyone in the house is laughing hard too. Except for Olivia. She thinks chasing the cat is mean. That's another reason why we all laugh. When he needs a nap, he has to take all of his animals, bunnies, blankets, etc. off his bed, put them on my bed and then he'll take a nap. He loves to work a crowd. At a restaurant, he never has time to actually eat because he has to go say HI to everyone in the place. Sometimes he helps himself to their drinks, or to their food. He always shares.

I love THREE! It's a great age to be. I'm glad it's an age where Isaac can stay a little longer.

No comments: