Saturday, March 6
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
TODAY is my dad's 74th Birthday! What a great dad I have. He's given me the best gifts, ones that are eternal and ones that money cannot buy. He has taught me the love of learning, the love of words and books, the love of hard work and of a job well done. He's taught me the importance of daily exercise to calm a troubled or worried mind and a way to feel alive. He's taught me the beauty of the early morning hours of the day--which are the BEST hours of the day for me. He's taught me the importance of Seeking the Lord Early, as I did early in my youth and this has made a huge difference in my life. He's taught me the importance of true study-- for deep knowledge, not just to get by. He's taught me that anything worth having is worth the risk, the hard work, and the delays along the way to get what I want. He has a gentle and loving heart. He exemplifies the Savior in many ways. He's taught me that learning is a lifelong pursuit and has shown me the value of reinventing yourself from time to time to keep life interesting. He has practiced what he has preached! He continues to reinvent himself and has taught himself how to do so many amazing things. Almost everything I love to do and am good at doing I learned from him (and my mom). Happy Birthday Dad!! You're the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment