* I love the people I teach and serve. I stay up late to prepare for a meaningful class. I love to learn more so I can give my students my best each week. I love when they "get it" after being in class and trying things out with their own students. Teaching is so personal to me because I have Olivia in public school! I want my students to understand their responsibility of teaching other people's children! I teach other people's children... they are just more grown up!
* I love my projects! I love working in Iowa! The opportunities I have had to work with such amazing women has made me a better person. I love the work we are doing to help kids become better, more engaged readers. I love watching amazing teachers do their thing with kids and having the kids thrive! I just got back from being in Iowa for a couple of days and I feel so rejuvenated and excited to be home. I love short trips. I have time to read, time to think, time to prioritize, time to listen to "books on tape" while I am driving across Iowa and no one is arguing with me about changing the channel. ;o)
* I love that my husband is so supportive and amazing while I am gone. He handles the kids, coordinates the tenders, keeps it all together. Then when I come home, the house is clean and vacuumed, the kids are bathed, and he can go to bed early because he is exhausted from being a "working dad" and knows how hard it is. It makes my marriage better because it strengthens our team! I'm so thankful that we have a "partnership" marriage. He is an amazing husband and father!
* my children learn to adjust and help while I am gone. Kent goes away to work sometimes. I go away to work sometimes. This is their life and they learn that there are not "roles" that define us; we are all on the same team, working together.
* I love my work the most because it teaches me so much. I get to learn so much! It's intoxicating. It makes my home life so rich and meaningful because I know that on so many levels, I work to teach my children that they will be expected to contribute to the world and this is one way I can do that.
* I love that I work for kids. I love that they don't even know who I am, nor do they ever need to know who I am, nor do they care. I'm "behind the scenes" teaching their teachers. It's like keeping a special secret!
* I love Iowa. It is the heartland of America. The people there are the salt of the earth. They are hard working, real and down-to-earth, focused on good works, integrity, God, country, serving others, and the friends I have there love to read! Plus I love how Iowa looks in all seasons. What a great place to visit from time to time.
* People on airplanes ask me, "Why are you going to Iowa?" I always think to myself: that's where I get my cup filled up! That's the place where I get my 32 oz. refill!
This is a picture of a summer day in Iowa. In the fall, everything has been harvested and the stalks of corn are dry and golden.

No comments:
Post a Comment