Monday, November 10

Halloween 2008

Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year! I love the parade at Cottonwood because I LOVE the creativity of the costumes each year. It was so nice this year to finally NOT see any Harry Potter, for a change. Olivia's class is SO adorable. I just love those kids. She is developing the neatest friendships. Dan and Alissa won the prize for the most hilarious costume. Dan was the grandma and Alissa was the grandpa. We moms laughed so hard, I could barely get the pictures! Isaac is old enough to play along, it is so fun to watch him as he watches the other children parade by. Once he saw Olivia and Sarah, he wanted to walk around the school with her, hand in hand. I know that won't last forever, so I have to remember how cute it is for her to take him by the hand and walk him around with her. She is a sweet big sister.

I like that Olivia and Isaac want to be happy characters, not spooky or bloody (not yet, anyway), which makes it fun for me. Olivia was a bit disappointed that Isaac wasn't going to be a chimney sweeper or a penguin to match her Mary Poppins costume, but I couldn't stray from the Curious George theme of the month. He made a perfect monkey because he was actually just being himself!

My theme song for now is "Let Them Be Little!" I heard this song and I can't get enough of it. I know these sweet days of messy faces, halloween costumes, and Monkey cakes will pass quickly and I'll be dealing with pimples, geometry, and embarassing my children just by being their mother. I can wait for that! I love NOW!

No comments: