Eight things I love most about Olivia:
1. She is thoughtful. Even when she was small, like four, she would ask, "How was your day mom?"
2. She's sweet. 90% of her is pure sweetness. I believe that she is a REAL angel because I know she came from one. She's completely full of love.
3. She's a problem solver. Whether it is figuring out how she is going to re-arrange her closet, or how to fix a problem with friends taking too long of a turn on the monkey bars, she comes up with creative solutions.
4. She is adaptable. She can adjust to just about any situation. She travels well, adapts to new friends easily, goes with the flow (most of the time), and can adapt to adult or child situations. I love to watch her.
5. She loves to read and talk and LEARN new things! All of my favorite things too. :o)
6. She's got special gifts of the spirit. She is completely sensitive to anything scary or mean. It hurts her spirit to be around anything like that. I think that will serve her as she gets into the teenage years! I hope!
7. She's funny! She makes us laugh a LOT! She makes Isaac laugh! She loves to play tricks on us and has a silly sense of humor! The giggles in my home are some of my very favorite sounds!
8. She is completely ALIVE! She notices everything! from how beautiful the mountains are with snow on them and clouds around them, to the sparkle in someone's eyes. She notices everything around her and wants to be a part of everything that is good, fun, silly, and involves treats! She sometimes loves to be alone, immersed in a good book, or she can jump and giggle on the trampoline with 4 friends at once. And, she knows when she's had enough of both. She especially knows when she needs a break from Isaac and sisterhood, but can also be the best sister any brother could wish for. She epitomizes the phrase "Live life out loud!"
Really, Olivia is the best daughter that I could have ever asked for. I know it is a miracle that I get to be her mother. Thanks, E.R.C. for giving me this amazing gift. I love you. She teaches me about fun, forgiveness, tolerance, JOY, and the pure love of Christ. She reminds me all the time that it is great to be a little girl. I loved being a little girl and I want that for her too. I want her to look back on her childhood with fond memories. I love you Olivia!! It IS great to be 8!

No comments:
Post a Comment