It's true. Isaac had his birthday on the 16th and he is TWO. He officially has to have his own airplane seat now and can only get into Sea World for free for one more year! The good news is that he can
almost sit through church, can play cars for more than 20 minutes without destroying something else in the room, and is so much fun to play with and take places! He loves people! I want to FREEZE him! The time goes by so fast. Soon his little finger prints will be gone from my windows, and doors, and walls, and tables... and his
excitement about getting the newspaper each morning, about finishing a puzzle or a book, about someone (anyone!) ringing the doorbell, about Olivia getting home from school, and about throwing something he finds on the floor in the garbage can...will eventually wear off! I want to remember that he will run to anyone, arms outstretched, and give them a hug, whether he knows them or not! He kisses everyone good-bye and also good-night, and after he has had a drink he says, "ahhhhh." (like what he just had was totally refreshing!) What a little bug! We love you Isaac!
We had a fun "Monkey" party for Isaac.. because he IS a monkey! Curious George is his mentor and life coach. I swear, between our cat and George, Isaac has learned to scale all of the furniture, tables, chairs, and we're trying to keep him off the kitchen island, but I have found him up there a time or two. That's what being TWO and a BOY is all about!
Thanks Martha Stewart for the FUN Monkey Party Ideas!! What did mothers do without Martha years ago?? Because of her, I don't need to have one original thought for parties! She makes it so easy!! This monkey banana cake was SO easy and so YUMMY! Usually Martha's recipes have 7 steps too many, involve fondant or marzipan in 4 colors, and take 2-3 days to create. But not this one! I baked it in a bowl; it worked the first time, and after the cake cooled, it only took 10 minutes to frost! My kind of stress-free cake!

No comments:
Post a Comment