Sunday, May 17

Off to the Races!! May 16, 2009

Today Grandpa Lee and I took Isaac out to Tooele to the Larry H. Miller Sports Race Park to see the American Le Mans Racing Cars! WOWOWOW!! What a place to take BOYS! The facility was spectacular! The day was gorgeous! Isaac was in HEAVEN! I had never been out there before. I didn't know what to expect. But let's just say, that was a HIGH END car crowd! The parking lot alone was thrilling enough. Porsches, Ferraris, every kind of Harley Davidson Motorcycle, BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, you name it. The parking lot alone was full of the most beautiful cars! That was like a separate car show! We hadn't even gotten into the event yet!

The Le Mans cars were so low to the ground and Issac was too scared to get inside one (there was a guy who would have let him get in, but he didn't want to). And they had a NOISE!! I had to capture it on video! (I'm trying to load it!) Click on the photo to enlarge!


These porsches had just come off the race track. They were FAST, but the Le Mans cars made them look like they were standing STILL!!

The transport vans and all of the garages that house the cars with the pit crews...all of it was incredible to see. What a set up!!

We also were impressed with all the TIRES!! So many tires. And the drivers ride on little scooters to get to their cars or to the garages. The Ferrari and Acura scooters were our favorites...definitely the Ferraris!!



But most of all, we LOVED watching the cars RACE around that 4.5 mile track. Great Day!





VROOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!! There they go!!

No comments: